-->

Monday, August 27, 2012

Scuba Tune-up

The girls went down to Utila Dive Center this afternoon and did a Scuba Tune-up. They reviewed all the skills they learned back in their Open Water courses in preparation for starting Advanced Open Water tomorrow. For the course, they have Maya as an instructor (the same instructor we worked with for Robyn's Rescue course) and she worked with them today for the tune-up. Robyn and I snorkeled around the dock and took photos from the surface while they worked. I'm signed up to be a DMT on their course and it will knock out one of the last things on my checklist for completing my own course. 

As for my own course, I'm almost done! I took and passed my second exam while the girls were doing their tune-up. I have to complete the map that I started a couple days ago and enter the Coral Watch data. That, paired with leading a dive during the Advanced course, will be all I need to be done!! 
Finding gear

Setting up gear under Maya's watchful eye


Practicing skills underwater



2 comments: