-->

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Prizes!


At the beginning of the dive festival, everyone got a passport that was both an entrance ticket to events, a discount card for some restaurants, and an entry to various raffles. Almost every evening, the various programs have had drawings for all sorts of gear and cameras, plus a few larger prizes like stays in dive resorts and dive courses. Last night, I got two things! 

First, I won a Scubapro hat at a presentation on whale sharks. Yay! Later that evening, I entered a bid in a silent auction at another festival event. I wasn't sure exactly how much the item I was bidding on was worth, but I figured $40 was a fairly low bid. Turns out it was a low bid in relation to what the item's worth but enough to win me the item. I am now the owner of a DiveRite surface marking buoy and slate. Also turns out that the buoy alone costs around $100. Hopefully my luck holds through the photo contest tomorrow night!



2 comments:

  1. The long tubes that are filled with air and sent to the surface ahead of divers to signal position. Very useful when diving from a boat, especially drift diving.

    ReplyDelete