-->

Monday, October 1, 2012

Welcome to Mossel Bay!

After an incredibly long trip, I have arrived in Mossel Bay, South Africa. I thought getting to Utila was a long and complicated trip. However, it's nothing compared to the length of a trip to Mossel Bay. Let me elaborate: 

I left LAX at 9:30 pm on Saturday, the 29th. Following a 10+ hour flight, I landed in Heathrow. After navigating the maze of corridors in Heathrow, I had a couple hours to wander around the impressive number of stores before boarding for another 10+ hour flight. Next was a layover in Johannesburg. I also had to collect my bags and go through customs and immigration before re-checking my bags for the final leg of the trip. This set of steps would have gone a little quicker if I hadn't stood at the wrong baggage carousel wondering where my bags were for longer than I'd care to admit. Finally was the flight from Johannesburg to George. At George, two employees from the Mossel Bay Marine Lab picked me and about 10 other interns up and drove us to the hotel campus where we'll be living. 

Tonight, the order of activities is food and then lots of sleep. Tomorrow is orientation!

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes dear girl. Hope your 2 months is filled with learning and adventure, but not so much adventure that you loose limbs, but I digress, so have much learning and medium adventure. You are prayed for daily.

    ReplyDelete