-->

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tea, a drink with jam and bread

According to the clock set for Cape Town still up on my computer, it's now around 0730 in South Africa. Funny to think, that means that just a week ago I would most likely be leaving or about to leave campus for work. Chum will have already been on the water for an hour (if not three), any fishing and dolphin survey will probably be loading into vehicles, and aqua people are probably just rolling out of bed and investigating the thought of breakfast before leaving at 0800. Even stranger to think it's been only a week since I got home. Despite telling people about what I was doing almost every day, it starts to seem farfetched in my own mind that just over a week ago I was standing on a boat with a Great White Shark not much more than a meter away. 

So what does an aspiring biologist do when no longer serving as a field researcher? Why, what other than attend an afternoon tea? And, of course, what better conversation between bites of mini scones with lemon curd than the recently conducted research on sharks? However, detailing the severed fish heads and chum is possibly ill-advised. (Just working on a hunch, though. I didn't actually give this a try. My apologies for the incomplete data on tea time conversation.) 

First time since starting school that I've been home
 for the church's annual Ladies' Christmas Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment