-->

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Heading Home

Sunrise at the airport
My remaining time in Honduras is now being measured in hours. We've completed the first portion of our sojourn back to the states. Emily, Sarah, and I left Utila early this morning on an itsy-bitsy plane. I was placed in the copilot's seat and hoped that the pilot wouldn't have a heart attack or anything like that. We flew first to La Ceiba and then to Tegucigalpa. Due to reasons which remain a mystery, to fly out of Teguc at noon on one day requires a flight from Utila leaving the morning before. So we had landed and collected baggage in Teguc by 8:30 am and we don't fly the rest of the way home until noon tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of my family and friends again. 

Anyone else know how to fly this thing?
Is this standard navigational equipment for a small
plane? I'm more used to seeing this on a dashboard of
a car...
Oh yeah, and remember those hatchlings I sat on the beach waiting for all last week? Yeah... They hatched. According to the report I got from those still on Utila, they got a call right about the time we were landing in Teguc. It was Gene calling to tell them that our nest was hatching. Yes, at the last, I missed the turtles by two hours.

















1 comment: