-->

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sea Turtle Conference!

As the rest of school prepares for midterms and my poor fellow music people spend their Sunday in juries, I am out in Maryland for the week! Remember those sea turtles I spent all summer watching? 

This week Robyn and I are attending the International Sea Turtle Society's 33rd Annual Symposium on Sea Turtle Biology and Conservation. We both created posters about the work we did this summer in Honduras and we'll be presenting them at the conference. Robyn's poster is about the beach profiling that we did on Utila and in Cuero y Salado examining possible similarities between nesting beaches and potential nesting beaches as far as the slope of the beach and the vegetation on the beach. My poster is part of a special session the conference is just starting this year. The session has to do with the work volunteers do in sea turtle conservation so my poster is about the five volunteers (including Robyn and I) who worked with ProTECTOR in Honduras this summer, what they did, and the benefits of having volunteers. 

The conference website says they're expecting over 1000 participants from at least 75 countries for this year's conference. Seeing as the last conference I attended was all of about 80 people, this is going to be quite an experience!

Excused truancy for a conference! Yay!
The finished poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment